What kind of thinker are you? Are you an optimistic, see the glass half-full sort of person, or a pessimistic, see the glass half-empty type? Do you have positive, constructive, confident thoughts most of the day? Or do you spend time mulling over gloom-ridden, “I can’t do it” thinking? Negativity squashes enthusiasm. Positivity on the other hand, enhances your wellbeing. It boosts natural spontaneity and mental strength. So if you’re feeling down and out, it could be time to ramp up your thinking and be positive. It’s good for your health.
It’s easy to slip into being a doubter, or overlook the good things you already have. When depressing thoughts try to drain you of confidence and happiness, refuse to let them dampen your spirits. Take action and boost your confidence levels.
– Shut out doubt or fear. Be strong. Reject negative thoughts about yourself.
– Take charge of your life. Remember the steering wheel of your thinking is in your hands.
– Think back on everything you’ve overcome in the past. Celebrate each triumph. Give thanks for each achievement. Realize that as a parent, worker, or family member you’re doing WELL.
– Be positive, hopeful, bold. Apply these qualities of mind and spirit . Don’t “throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded”. Bible – Hebrews 10:35
– Be thankful for the good that’s around you – loyal friends, enjoyable activities, a place to call home, satisfying employment, peace and contentment.
RE-BOOT YOUR THINKING.
Take charge of your thinking. Choose to be happy. Let cheerful, productive, forward-looking thoughts inhabit your being. Use your mental “ctrl- alt-del” keys: control what you think, alter your attitude for the better, delete any “I’m not good enough” thoughts. In this way you can restart how you think about yourself and your life.
– Wake up and smile. Be glad. It’s a new day filled with good things – people, ideas, and opportunities, all just waiting for you. Bible – Psalm 118:24
– Before getting out of bed, have one positive thought about the day ahead. This can change your whole day for the better.
– Don’t say “I can’t do it”. Say, “I can”. Then, “Hold thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring these into your experience proportionably to their occupancy of your thoughts”. Science and Health p.261 – Mary Baker Eddy.
– Think of positive thoughts as being both a prayer, and the answer to your prayer. You have the ability to make beneficial changes. So get cracking! Be positive. It’s good for your health.
Latest posts by Beverly Goldsmith (see all)
- Get ready for school. It’s good for your health. - January 22, 2019
- Start afresh this New Year. It’s good for your health. - January 2, 2019
- Fill your life with Christmas sparkle. It’s good for your health - December 4, 2018
- Beat loneliness. It’s good for your health. - November 1, 2018
- Be connected to others. It’s good for your health - October 1, 2018