Sign up! Be a GREAT team player – one who is ALWAYS considerate, cooperative, constructive; who lives and works alongside others in harmony; and who in spite of differences strives for the common good of everyone. Being a great team player is to make a real contribution that’s not only good for your health, but is also beneficial to the wellbeing of others.
TEAM PLAYERS ARE NEEDED
Every family, household, classroom and workplace, needs individuals who are willing to join hands and be not just a good, but a great, team player. That’s because in everyday life, there’s work we can do together that we can’t do alone. So, even if being a team player is challenging at times – especially when there are differences of opinion, there are positive ways to have input and be a great team player. Here are a few ideas.
– Be a dynamic team player. Help make positive things happen. Have a “what can I do?” approach. Don’t sit passively on the sidelines warming the bench! Roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
– Be a force for good. Collaborate. Many hands make light work and many active, caring thinkers make a huge difference to what can be accomplished at home, school and work.
– Be cooperative. Treat the views and opinions of others with courtesy and consideration. Show understanding. Find ways to work together, despite differences. “Be devoted to each other like a loving family. Excel in showing respect for each other.” The Bible, Romans 12:10
– Be a good listener. Absorb, understand, and consider ideas and views from other people regardless of their age, gender or race without debating and arguing every point. Listen first, speak second.
– Be a flexible team player – open to what others have to offer. Don’t be rigid, complain or get stressed when something new is suggested. Consider different points of view. Make compromises when needed.
– Be a problem-solver. Don’t rehash a problem, find fault with others, or put off dealing with issues. Move forward. Find solutions. Share knowledge and experience willingly, with grace and kindness.
– Be a reliable, consistent team player all of the time, not just sometimes. Be a person others can count on.
– Be committed to being a GREAT team player. Keep the high goal before your thought. Don’t count your footsteps in trying to reach it. “When the destination is desirable, expectation speeds our progress”. Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health p.426. In this way you’ll benefit yourself and everyone you come in contact with. And, it’s good for your health.
– Beverly Goldsmith writes on the connection between spirituality and health and is an experienced Christian Science practitioner and teacher.
Photo attribution: © Glow Images. Models used for illustrative purposes.
Latest posts by Beverly Goldsmith (see all)
- Be connected to others. It’s good for your health - October 1, 2018
- Welcome in Spring. It’s good for your health. - September 3, 2018
- Give the gift of kindness. It’s good for your health - August 1, 2018
- SLOW DOWN right away. It’s good for your health. - July 3, 2018
- Enjoy life right now. It’s good for your health. - June 4, 2018