Prayer for Australia is needed as Summer begins in earnest Down-Under. Although early in the season, some areas are already being impacted by severe bush fires, persistent drought, intense heat, lack of water, thick smoke haze and dust storms. It’s a difficult time for people, especially those fighting mega fires and those who have lost homes.
It’s a time to pray. For those experiencing these conditions or wanting to pray about them, here are links to my articles with healing spiritual ideas that I wrote for the Christian Science Sentinel. Your prayers are important and can bring comfort and healing.
“Every prayer, every single healing thought that’s motivated by your deep love for God and man has the power to bring comfort right now – even to people you don’t know. Each prayer is like a pebble dropped into a pond. It doesn’t just sink out of sight and have no effect. Even a tiny pebble sends out ripples. In the same way, each prayer sends out ripples of comfort and healing.” – Beverly
If you are a Christian Science JSH subscriber use these links.
- Prayer for restoration in Australia. February 12, 2009 Sentinel Audio Chat Responding to the needs of Australians affected by destructive bush fires, this lively chat was attended by people around the world, including many Australians who rose as early as 5 AM to pose their comments or questions.
- Climate change Christian Science Sentinel April 16, 2007.
- God provides abundantly even in drought. Christian Science Sentinel January 25, 2007
- Australia – just a prayer away Christian Science Sentinel. Dec 30, 2002. Herald of Christian Science in French August 2003, Herald of Christian Science in German August 2003 about drought.
- Canberra firestorm and the demand to care. Christian Science Sentinel February 10, 2003
- Drought in Australia a demand to go deeper spiritually. Christian Science Sentinel
If you are not a Christian Science JSH subscriber you can use these links to read PDF’s of the articles as well as Spirituality.com Q&A chats.
- Climate change
- God provides abundantly – even in a drought
- Australia just a prayer away – drought
- Canberra firestorm and the demand to care
- Prayer for Restoration in Australia
- Weathering Financial drought? – Spiritual resources can help
- After a fire… how can we move on?
I’m a professional Christian Science Practitioner and Teacher. Through my prayer-based practice, I help people find happiness, health and healing. As a writer on the connection between spirituality and health I share inspiring can-do tips and ideas.