The true sparkle of Christmas lives within us. It’s that joyous kindness, tender caring and thoughtfulness that we shower on our dearly-loved family members, friends, neighbours and co-workers at Christmas time. Such bigheartedness is spiritual in nature. You can’t buy it from a shelf! Yet you can fill your life with Christmas sparkle right now and enjoy sharing it with others all year round.
Christmas sparkle is that inner goodness that makes us happy and healthy. It reaches out to bless others with the priceless gifts of courtesy, respect, generosity of spirit and goodwill. Sharing these heartwarming gifts with those we meet every day, lights up our thoughts and actions. It transforms them into sparkling opportunities for happy occasions now and in the future. The glitter of kindheartedness shimmers at Christmas and throughout the year.
SPREAD YOUR CHRISTMAS SPARKLE
One time, a friend who lived alone found Christmas time had become downright uninspiring. So he decided to fill his life with Christmas sparkle and spread it around. Filled with loving kindness, he telephoned people he hadn’t spoken to in ages and wished them a happy Christmas. He met with a friend at a local café, and sent Christmas ‘thank you’ cards to those who’d done something special for him during the year. On Christmas Eve he invited a neighbour to watch a popular carols program with him on TV. This kindhearted man turned his potentially dull Christmas into a bright and happy one by sharing his inner sparkle with others.
4 TIPS TO ADD CHRISTMAS SPARKLE TO YOUR LIFE
– Sprinkle the glitter of happiness on others wherever you go. Greet people with a friendly smile. Take a moment to wish them a happy Christmas. “Happiness is spiritual, born of Truth and Love. It is unselfish; therefore it cannot exist alone, but requires all mankind to share it.” Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health p.57
– Don’t let the real joy of the Christmas season become dulled by the hustle and bustle of gifts and shopping. Think about what Christmas really means to you. Include others in your festive activities, and let yourself sparkle with genuine pleasure in having their company.
– This year, take a moment to celebrate the message of the first Christmas. Live in peace and harmony with those around you. Be more compassionate. Make a special effort to “Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other”. The Bible. Ephesians 4:32
– Right now, allow this joyous time of year to lift your spirits. Let fresh Christmas time ideas light up your thoughts like twinkling fairy-lights. Be inspired. Go ahead and fill your life with Christmas sparkle for yourself and others. Such happiness is good for your health.
– Beverly Goldsmith writes on the connection between spirituality and health and is an experienced Christian Science practitioner and teacher.
I’m a professional Christian Science Practitioner and Teacher. Through my prayer-based practice, I help people find happiness, health and healing. As a writer on the connection between spirituality and health I share inspiring can-do tips and ideas.