How good is it to wake up in the morning ready to start the day right! To get up refreshed, happy, and rearing to go, is something worth achieving. So how do you start the day right and get off to a flying start? There are many ideas about this ranging from eating a healthy breakfast to meditating. For many people though there’s another way to start the day, and it’s proven to be highly effective.
One morning a woman woke feeling stressed and worn-out. In thinking about this, she found herself blaming her job workload. Right away she decided to start the day right, and commenced her morning spiritual routine. She gave thanks that divine Spirit was constantly supplying her with boundless vitality and stamina. She reasoned that because of this, her good health could never be depleted by doing an honest day’s work. As a result of this early morning spiritual thinking, she felt reinvigorated and quickly returned to being her normal, lively self.
6 TIPS TO START THE DAY RIGHT
– Start the day right by establishing a regular morning routine. Make it a daily practice to think spiritually before getting out of bed, checking your smartphone, or dealing with family matters.
– As soon as you wake up, take a moment to give thanks that divine Love is caring for you and the family. Make a prayer of gratitude about it. “Thank you divine Love, that You’re right here with us. Your loving care will meet our every need.”
– Dump negative, unhealthy thoughts or fears. Fill your mind instead with health-bringing, wholesome thoughts. “Admitting only such conclusions as you wish realized in bodily results, you will control yourself harmoniously.” Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health p.392
– At the end of the day, prepare for tomorrow. Disengage for sleep-time. Have zero notifications from apps and phones at night. Fall asleep being grateful for Love’s care of you and the family.
– Next morning, start the day right. Make it a priority to think spiritually. “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.” Bible. Psalm 143:8
– As you head out the door, remember that your health, happiness and security come from a divine source and are always present. Then, be sure to keep this in mind throughout the day. You’ll be glad you did. So start the day right. It’s good for your health.
– Beverly Goldsmith writes on the connection between spirituality and health and is a practitioner and teacher of Christian Science healing.
– Also published in the AUGUST 2019 edition of Around Point Cook Community newspaper in print and online via Issuu.
I’m a professional Christian Science Practitioner and Teacher. Through my prayer-based practice, I help people find happiness, health and healing. As a writer on the connection between spirituality and health I share inspiring can-do tips and ideas.