Winter is over! It’s time to throw open the windows of thought and welcome in Spring. Right now as trees burst into blossom, the buds of our new life-opportunities are also emerging. They’re ready to flower into fresh starts, new beginnings, or new perspectives. These make each new day positive and productive. Welcoming the change of season, is a good time to reflect, recharge, refocus, and renew your inner self. What’s more it’s good for your health.
WELCOME IN SPRING:
When Spring arrives, a friend of mine welcomes it in by swinging into action. Her house gets a massive clean up. Windows are washed. Cupboards are sorted and aired. She also undertakes a health-bringing, mental clean out of regrets, unhappy memories and disappointments. To help you welcome in Spring, here are some simple you-can-do tips.
TRY THESE TIPS:
– Change your winter-like “I can’t ” thoughts, into spring-like “I can ” ones. Every day offers new prospects for greater health and happiness. Right now, you are a can-do person with lots of good ideas and the ability to put them into action. Emerge from your winter hibernation and get cracking!
– Let yourself be inspired by spring-cleaning activity. Open your heart and mind. Let tender thoughts and kind words blossom into caring actions. “The human heart, like a feather bed, needs often to be stirred, sometimes roughly, and given a variety of turns, else it grows hard and uncomfortable whereon to repose.” Mary Baker Eddy, Miscellaneous Writings. p.127
– Mentally close the door on the past. Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today. Open the door of your thought to the future, and eagerly step through to a happier, healthier life.
– Spring into action. Turn your wintery dreams into springtime activities. Take up a new hobby, advance your learning, join a group, make new friends. There’s no need to sit in the darkness of gloomy thinking. Open the window of thought and welcome in sparkling, fresh ideas.
– Think about the flowers and birds. You can spring forward fearlessly as nature does. Embrace the change of season with confident freedom. It’s possible to enjoy the loveliness of springtime and remain well. “The violet lifts her blue eye to greet the early spring. The leaves clap their hands as nature’s untired worshippers. The snowbird sings and soars amid the blasts; he has no catarrh from wet feet.” Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health p.220
– Take the test. Welcome in Spring and see divine Love “open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundance all kinds of good things.” The Bible. Malachi 3:10
– Beverly Goldsmith writes on the connection between spirituality and health and is an experienced Christian Science practitioner and teacher.
Photo attribution: © Glow Images. Model used for illustrative purposes.