When the cooler weather arrives, it’s time to get pumped for Winter. Even if it’s chilly outdoors, there’s no need to let your spirits take a nose-dive. You don’t have to slow down, think less, or do less. Even on the dreariest of days, it’s possible to shake yourself up, boost your spirits, pump the air and be energized. So when the cool winds blow, don’t get anxious, drop into a blue-funk, or crawl indoors to hibernate. Give a fist pump of triumph, and enjoy life to the full all winter long.
EXPECT TO BE HAPPY AND WELL.
Less hours of daylight doesn’t have to equate to a loss of good health or a reduction in that inner summery sparkle. Despite a change of season, there’s plenty to get enthusiastic about – a cozy fire, your mum’s delicious home-made soup recipe, warm clothes, snuggling up in bed, or even a trip to the snow.
While colder temperatures may trigger health concerns, such anxiety can be countered by this helpful idea. “When the condition is present which you say induces disease, whether it be air, exercise, heredity, contagion, or accident, then perform your office as porter and shut out these unhealthy thoughts and fears.” – Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health, p. 392. Say no to worry, and fill your thoughts with calming, health-producing, spiritual ideas. Be confident. Expect to be happy and well, and to stay happy and well.
TIPS TO HELP YOU GET PUMPED FOR WINTER:
– Start each morning with a get-up-and-go attitude. Have great expectations about the day ahead. Be filled with excitement and enthusiasm. Even if the sun isn’t shining brightly, there’s work to do, places to go, people to see. There are so many good things just waiting for you to experience.
– Begin now to raise your cheerfulness level. Don’t let gloomy wintery-type thoughts dampen your spirits. You can do this! You don’t have to be deflated by inclement weather. A sunny disposition comes from within, and it’s present come-rain-or-shine.
– Aim to feel well and fit-as-a-fiddle, day-in and day-out. There’s a divine Presence that’s caring for your health and wellbeing every moment. You’re constantly safe, secure and shielded from harm. “His faithful promises are your armor and protection.” Bible, Psalm 91
– Plan to stay mentally energized. Rejuvenate your thinking by starting afresh every day. We can all “feel the divine energy of Spirit, bringing us into newness of life.” Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health p. 249. So go ahead. Get pumped for winter. It’s good for your health.
– Beverly Goldsmith writes on the connection between spirituality and health and is a practitioner and teacher of Christian Science healing.
– Also published in the JUNE 2019 edition of Around Point Cook Community newspaper in print and online via Issuu.
I’m a professional Christian Science Practitioner and Teacher. Through my prayer-based practice, I help people find happiness, health and healing. As a writer on the connection between spirituality and health I share inspiring can-do tips and ideas.