LISTEN to tips and ideas to help you live a happy, healthy life.
Tune in to Never give up! It’s good for your health
Radio programmes and interview – via Soundcloud
OPENING: Hello. I’m Beverly Goldsmith. Welcome to Spirituality and Health Connect – a weekly program full of tips and ideas to help you live a happy, healthy life. Today’s topic is, Never give up! It’s good for your health.
Have you ever dreamed that you’re running to catch a train? Although it’s moving away, you never give up. You’re determined to get on board. Seekers of improved health do something similar. They keep moving full-steam ahead . The reason? It’s good for your health.
BELIEVE YOU CAN
Although the “rail line” leading to better health is not always straight or smooth, there’s no need to be railroaded into giving up. It’s possible to be encouraged by this rousing statement, “There’s no such word as can’t”. While this “can do” reminder may seem simplistic, it can be beneficial.
In childhood, I was diagnosed with migraine headaches and told I’d suffer with them for the rest of my life. My mother never gave up believing that I could be well. She found a book explaining the power of spiritual thinking on health. The ideas in Mary Baker Eddy’s book Science and Health brought me permanent freedom from the headaches.
Here are some You Can TIPS:
– Believe in the power of health-filled, confident thinking.
– Stoke up the engine of courage, persistence and positivity.
– Think about the much-loved children’s story, “The engine that thought it could”.
Asked to pull a heavy train up a steep grade, several experienced engines said they just couldn’t do it. A new and shiny engine said, “I-think-I-can”. Repeating these words over and over, it reached the summit. It then rushed towards its destination declaring triumphantly, “I-thought-I-could. I-thought-I-could”.
– Move from “I-think-I-can” to “I-know-I-can”.
– Believe you’re capable of being an “I can”, healthy person.
It’s possible to find healthy ways to invigorate thinking and to keep going. Many who’ve made the grade, say it took persistence, perseverance, determination and courage.
Here are some TIPS:
– Don’t be de-railed by self-pity. Face adversity “head on”.
– Allow yourself to be heartened by this power-packed Biblical statement, “All things are possible to them that believe” .
– Keep mentally on track. Stay hopeful, positive.
– Stand your ground. Move forward to a better, healthier place.
NEVER GIVE UP.
When life is tough and you just plain want to give up, it’s time to enact the famous quote attributed to John F. Kennedy’s father, “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” This is a call to draw on an inner core strength, to be resilient, to keep going and not quit. Everyone can be mentally strong – perhaps more than they think. Such strength of mind doesn’t have to be acquired. It’s inbuilt. However, it does need to be exercised.
Here are 3 TIPS:
– Be inspired by others who’ve made the grade to good health.
– Mentally forge ahead. Take a “never-say-die” attitude. Never give up.
– Board the wellness train and ride it all the way to good health.
CLOSING: Well that’s it for this week. For more tips and ideas, go to Soundcloud. I’m Beverly Goldsmith – practitioner and teacher of Christian Science healing. Thanks for joining me.
I’m a professional Christian Science Practitioner and Teacher. Through my prayer-based practice, I help people find happiness, health and healing. As a writer on the connection between spirituality and health I share inspiring can-do tips and ideas.