Life can sometimes seem like a test of strength – mentally, emotionally and physically. The good news is, that it’s possible to stay strong in the face of hard times, family worries or relationship problems. Everyone can triumph over adversity because within each of us are the spiritually mental qualities of resilience, courage, firm determination and inner strength. Right now, whether you’re a man or a woman, you can stay strong. What’s more, doing so is good for your health.
MEN AND WOMEN ARE STRONG
Being strong is more than a physical attribute. Strength is not about possessing bulging muscles or being tougher than the next guy. Strength is a mental characteristic. It exists on the inside – in thought. Such inner strength, is the capacity to retain a steadfast resolve, and a mental resistance to doubt or discouragement. Often called resilience, strength is the ability to cope with life’s stressful situations with confidence and composure. Such strength of mind is a capability that anyone can exercise. So how can you be strong when life gets hard? Try these ideas and pump-up your mental might. You can do it!
– Be a strong person. Take constructive action. Lift yourself up spiritually whenever trouble tries to knock you down. If you feel fearful or anxious, pause, take a moment to strengthen your thinking. Remind yourself to be “strong and courageous”. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Remember there’s a comforting, powerful Love constantly with you, wherever you go. The Bible. Joshua 1:9
– Build a strong, happy family by creating a sense of wellbeing within it and in each family member. Don’t verbally pull your loved ones down. Strengthen them. Be supportive and encouraging. Give praise. Value who they are and what they can do.
– Stay mentally strong. Withstand time-pressures or people-pressures at home or work. Realize that through a higher power you’re able to perform demanding tasks with grace and ease.
– Embrace both masculine and feminine qualities such as grace, faith, perseverance, persistence and bravery. “The masculine mind reaches a higher tone through certain elements of the feminine, while the feminine mind gains courage and strength through masculine qualities. … Both sexes should be loving, pure, tender, and strong.” Mary Baker Eddy. Science and Health p. 57
– Nourish your inner strength with robust hopefulness, firm faith, tenacious courage, and positive prayer. Stay strong in spite of the obstacles and discouragements that come along. Do this right through your life. In this way you’ll find that staying strong is good for your health.
Beverly Goldsmith writes on the connection between spirituality and health and is a professional Christian Science practitioner and teacher.
Photo attribution: © Glow Images. Models used for illustrative purposes
Latest posts by Beverly Goldsmith (see all)
- Get ready for school. It’s good for your health. - January 22, 2019
- Start afresh this New Year. It’s good for your health. - January 2, 2019
- Fill your life with Christmas sparkle. It’s good for your health - December 4, 2018
- Beat loneliness. It’s good for your health. - November 1, 2018
- Be connected to others. It’s good for your health - October 1, 2018