LISTEN to tips and ideas to help you live a happy, healthy life.
Tune in to Mentally soar! It’s good for your health.
Radio programmes and interview – via Soundcloud
OPENING: Hello. I’m Beverly Goldsmith. Welcome to Spirituality and Health Connect – a weekly program full of tips and ideas to help you live a happy, healthy life. Today’s topic is, Mentally soar! It’s good for your health.
Feeling down-in the-dumps is not uncommon. But when dejection strikes, it’s time to take action. Fire-up your “thought-burners”, experience that mental lift-off which allows your spirits to rise, and mentally soar above despondency. Such action is good for your health.
LET YOUR THOUGHT RISE.
Not so long ago, I had an experience that reminded me how to rise out of gloom when our spirits want to nose-dive.
It was early one summer morning. I was staying in a hotel room high up on the 20th floor. When I looked out of the window, to my delight 4 huge colourful hot air balloons were hovering over the Melbourne Cricket Ground. As I watched, the balloons suddenly soared upward and then floated away with effortless ease.
So here are some TIPS to help your thoughts rise:
– Take on board the thought-soaring fuels of hope and gratitude.
– Ignite the spark of hope that exists in thinking to help you rise above negative feelings.
– Fire-up hopefulness and be confident, optimistic, and expectant of good.
– Accelerate your emotional lift-off, by allowing gratitude to warm-up your heart and mind.
– Be grateful for the good times you’ve had, and for those ahead. Gratitude prepares you to receive further good in your life.
BELIEVE YOU CAN SOAR.
In the Grammy-award winning song, “I believe I can fly”. The lyrics convey the message that with belief, everyone can fly. They can soar.
Here are 3 TIPS:
– Let your spirits soar with the mental energy of firm belief.
– Be confident. Be encouraged by this Biblical saying that “All things are possible to him who believes.” (The Scriptures – Mark 9:23)
– Believe that if others can be happy, then you can too.
ELEVATE YOUR THINKING.
Here’s a story of how taking an elevated position saved the day.
One morning, two men went fishing in a rowboat. By afternoon, they were surrounded by thick fog and couldn’t see land. As they drifted out to sea, one man decided to stand up in the boat. Instantly his head rose above the low-level fog. From his elevated position he saw the shoreline. They rowed to safety.
Here are some TIPS to elevate your thinking
– Follow the advice given by Mary Baker Eddy in her book Science and Health and “Rise in the strength of Spirit to resist all that is unlike good.”
– Make the effort to elevate your thinking. Don’t stay resigned to negative feelings. Stand up to them. Let your thought soar effortlessly above the fog of gloomy thinking
– Raise your spirits, and mentally soar. It’s good for your health.
CLOSING: Well that’s it for this week. For more tips and ideas to help you live a happy, healthy life, go to Soundcloud. I’m Beverly Goldsmith – practitioner and teacher of Christian Science healing. Thanks for joining me.
I’m a professional Christian Science Practitioner and Teacher. Through my prayer-based practice, I help people find happiness, health and healing. As a writer on the connection between spirituality and health I share inspiring can-do tips and ideas.